The lab is a member of euCOGNITION european network
The lab has now an expertise in computational attention and signal saliency.
A free mouse-tracking website for visual attention applications and research was developed within the TCTS lab.
TCTS Lab is highly envolved in a great project about digital media arts called numediart.
It is organized around three major R&D themes: HyFORGE (hypermedia navigation), COMEDIA (body and media), COPI (digital instrument making). It is performed as a series of short (3-months) projects, typically 3 or 4 of them in parallel, which are concluded by a 1-week "hands on" workshop.
- Information Technology is a recently created research center dedicated to the study of information technology systems including telecommunications, electronics, computer science and signal processing applications.
IT research topics include :
- Computer science
- Information processing, data analysis and decision
- Multimedia signal processing
- BioSyS is a recently created research center dedicated to the study of biological systems in general,
including biomedical and biotechnological applications.
BioSyS research topics include :
- Bio-mechanics and optics
- Bio-signal and image processing
- Bio-chemical system analysis and bioprocess modelling optimization and control
- Ecology and environment
- TCTS Lab often takes
part to vulgarization activities as
the "Printemps des Sciences"
to atract young students to studies in engineering. The 2006
mobilization was very important and its action was cited in the
medias as you can see in radio and TV broadcast.
- TCTS Lab organized and hosted in Mons the first European
one-month workshop on natural interfaces: eNTERFACE
2005. The success of this initiative which will be renewed in
2006 in Dubrovnik, Croatia is shown by the number of articles
but also radio and TV broadcast in the local
and national media.
- In addition to
collaborations with national academic or
industrial partners (see our research
projects), our lab is highly involved in the European
research as a member of the SIMILAR European Network of
Excellence which aims in creating human-machine interfaces similar to
- TCTS & Multitel also organize regular seminars on
various topics related to signal processing. These seminars are given
by TCTS or Multitel researchers but also by invited researchers from
other institutions in Belgium and all over the world.